Cubic Worlds is advertised and run as a “family-friendly” server with a PG rating. Because it’s natural for people to have varying opinions of what this means and different feelings on what they consider is child-safe and what isn’t, this page is here to try and describe in detail the standard to which we try and run the server.
Please understand that Cubic Worlds is a place where young players are welcomed with open arms and encouraged to enjoy the game in a safe, friendly and well-moderated environment. Where children are concerned, we feel that if there is any doubt about what can be found offensive or not, the most logical course of action is to err on the side of caution.
Inappropriate Language & Topics of Conversation
- Swearing is not allowed on the server, even if the only people online are people you know in real life who would not have any problem with it. Staff will consider anything defined by the Oxford English dictionary as “vulgar slang” to be a swearword. We also make use of the site NoSwearing.com when defining swearwords.
- Use of any abbreviation whose commonly accepted definition includes swearwords should be avoided. We may not immediately jump down your throat about it, but you should take some effort to avoid exclamations such as “wtf” – you’ll be warned about it sooner or later.
- Talking about genitalia, pornography, sexual preferences, or any other sex-related subject is not allowed. Use of the word “sex” should be limited to the context of gender only.
- Discussing controversial, illegal, or otherwise “grey” topics may be allowed but only within reasonable context. Staff reserve the right to ask participants to change the subject at any time. Such topics can include – but are not limited to – abortion, violence, horror, religious extremism, racism, terrorism, animal cruelty, and hacking.
We want to do our utmost to make Cubic Worlds a friendly and open-minded community for mature players as well as young ‘uns. While you’re stacking blocks with us, sometimes you might want to discuss real-world concerns and problems in chat, and that’s okay! Gosh knows there are plenty of them around these days, and censorship absolutely isn’t something we’re aiming for. We just ask that you be respectful and bear the following points in mind:
- Touchy topics, such as religion, sexual ethics and conspiracy theories, should be avoided. Whatever position you hold, somebody is bound to be offended.
- Jokes and complaints about politicians are OK: “Max Marmot is a terrible person and his hair looks absurd”. Jokes about death threats, assassination or harassment are not: “Somebody should do a JFK on Max Marmot”.
- As mentioned above, unfriendly racial, cultural or ethnic typecasting will not be tolerated: “All —– people are criminals and should be deported”.
- Please remember that freedom of speech is not a right to be offensive.
If you see anything in chat that you feel goes against these guidelines, please notify staff directly through our Discord or Forum. We’ll look into any valid reports as soon as we can. Thanks for helping to keep Cubic Worlds a safe and welcoming space for people of all ages and backgrounds!
Chat Filtering & Logging
Cubic Worlds does not use a chat filtering system because they can be easily bypassed by anyone who really wishes to do so. This choice also allows us to see and deal with any problems more accurately.
As part of its basic operation, all public and private chat messages are logged by the server. These logs are only accessible by the server Operators and their use is restricted to the rare cases where there is no other way to verify a claim of lawbreaking. Covered by the server’s Staff Policy, this file is never used to spy on private conversations out of idle curiosity.