The Cubic Worlds staff are here to make sure you have a good time while playing and that everyone follows the rules. Unlike some other servers where staff members are to be feared rather than respected, it’s important to us that our staffers follow a strict code of conduct to ensure they do their job in an unbiased, professional way that is open to criticism. Staffers can be judged by the server’s players just as easily as a player can be judged by staff.
This policy explains the practices that all staffers are expected to follow in the course of their duty.
The Staff Code of Conduct
- Staffers will treat you as you treat them. They will be mature and friendly when dealing with you as long as you show them the same courtesy.
- Staffers will avoid creating unnecessary drama. They will deal with all rulebreaking – actual or alleged – fairly, respectfully, and with a minimum of fuss.
- Staffers have no “perks”. A staff member who has been on the server many months will play the game and build things in exactly the same way as a new Member who joined yesterday. They will not use their powers for personal gain or to acquire an unfair advantage in any aspect of Minecrafting.
- Staffers take priority as arbiters of justice. While Citizens may kick or mute players, this is a priviledge given only for use in extreme circumstances. Members and Citizens should always defer to the highest ranking available staffer and let them deal with any incidents.
- Staffers may use due force. They will seek to protect the creations of our members using whatever means they deem necessary for the community at any given time. Staff will generally warn a player breaking the rules before muting, kicking, or banning. In cases of obvious griefing or hacking, however, bans can be instant and without warning.
- Staffers will not deliberately spy on innocent players. If they are trying to deal with a griefer or hacker, higher staff members have the power to inspect players’ inventories for suspicious items and remove them remotely. They may also disappear from normal view in order to unobtrusively observe a suspicious player’s behaviour.
- Staffers will not trespass out of curiosity. Staff will respect any areas with locked doors and will always ask before entering, unless it is in pursuit of griefers or hackers.
- Staffers do not give taxi services. They will not teleport you long distances – so please don’t ask! Remember that there are commands you can use to set and teleport back to locations of your choosing. You can also type /spawn to return to the spawn point of the server’s main world.
- Staffers are not vending machines. They will not give out free items unless it’s for a good reason (e.g. to replace property lost due to lag or griefing, or as prizes for an event).
- Staffers are players too. Remember that they have their own builds and projects to work on as well!
Complaints Against Staff
Staffers try to do their job in the most responsible way possible, but if you feel that a staff member behaved poorly or acted unfairly against you in way that went beyond simply “having a bad day”, we ask that you contact one of the server’s Ops, either Zolyx or SFMosquito, through the forum or our Discord server, or contact them directly in-game.
Please don’t be discouraged at filing a complaint because you think that members of staff are somehow untouchable. This may be true in other servers, but it certainly isn’t the case in Cubic Worlds. As long as you aren’t simply trying to stir up trouble, we try to be honest enough not to censor any reasonable criticism or mistakes and are more than willing to try and improve our ability to serve the community based on your feedback.