We want everyone to be able to play in Cubic Worlds without hitting barriers, so there are very few perks that come with promotion. Try not to play just to climb through the ranks – concentrate on simply enjoying your time on the server and getting involved with our community!
Promotion to Citizen
The question that our Members ask most often is “How do I become a Citizen?” Well, we use some simple guidelines to decide who is due to get their Citizenship:
- You’re a Member in good standing with no unresolved Courtroom cases against you
- You have built, or helped to build, at least one house, shop, or other construction of reasonable size (i.e. not just a 3×3 dirt hovel)
- You’ve been a Member for a minimum of 3 months
- You’ve been visibly active on the server during your time as a Member
If you meet all of these criteria then you will be promoted at the next Citizen Day.
A Citizen Day is held every few weeks during a weekend, generally before or after the advertised weekend event, so that the latest player or players to meet the Citizen promotion criteria can be duly congratulated and a suitable celebration thrown for them!
They are advertised in the server’s Events and Contests forum so that hopefully the Citizens-to-be can attend, but if the timing isn’t convenient, staffers will try to ensure that promotions are made at some other time during that weekend (or soon after).
Promotion to Staff
New staffers are picked from Citizens who have been recognised by staff as having contributed significantly towards the server and who have the right attitude for the job. Make no mistake – becoming staff is not the bed of roses you might imagine it to be!
Citizens who wish to progress into staff must:
- Have a good grasp of written English
- Know their way around our forum and our Discord server
- Be able to exercise patience when dealing with inexperienced Minecrafters
- Act maturely, fairly, and without personal bias at all times
- Be willing to sacrifice your own playing time in order to carry out staffer duties
- Understand and accept the Staff Policy governing the use of staffer powers
Even though you may feel that you meet all of the criteria above, promotions are handled on an invite-only basis by the server’s main Op – this is currently Zolyx.
Asking for promotion
As per the server rules, if you directly ask to be promoted at any time then you will automatically be turned down, and the likelihood of you being promoted in the future will decrease. Asking to be promoted is a bad idea, so please don’t do it!
Asking about promotion is perfectly reasonable as long you don’t repeatedly do so. Keep in mind, though, that staffers will be unlikely to give any more about information about promotions than what you have read on this page.